Audio Driver (Realtek) 184.108.40.20659
What is this?
A driver is a computer program which allows other computer programs to interact with a hardware device.
Is this relevant for you?
It is recommended to install this driver update if you use the DSD Recording functionality.
What does it fix?
Noise is generated during DSD Recording.
How do I perform this update?
1. Download the update and save it to a download directory (please note this directory for reference).
2. Close all running programs.
3. Open Windows Programs and Features (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.)
4. Double-click "Dolby Control Center" or "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" (depending on the VAIO model) to uninstall it and click "Continue".
5. Click "OK" to completely remove the selected software.
6. Click "Finish" and restart the computer.
7. If the "Found New Hardware" Wizard appears after Windows has completely rebooted, click Cancel. (skip this step if the wizard does not appear)
8. Go to the download directory and double-click "EP0000174405.exe".
9. Click "Continue".
10. Click Next and wait while the Wizard installs the new software
11. When the installation completed dialog box appears, ensure that "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" is selected and click "Finish".
12. The computer automatically restarts.
TROUBLESHOOTING : I just updated my driver and now I have no sound anymore!
After installing this driver, some audio settings may be reset to factory defaults. To change the default audio settings, do the following steps:
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> Playback or Recording tabs -> change audio settings back to your preferences..
Nom du fichier
Architecture du fichier
- 32 / 64 bit
Taille du fichier
- 89.64 Mb
Date de sortie